Modern dental braces are available in a variety of materials depending on a patient's needs and preferences. This orthodontic device can be either cosmetic or structural and is used primarily to correct a misalignment of teeth that may result in gaps, uneven spacing, overbites, underbites, and crossbites.
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, all resulting in a more comfortable, functional, confident smile. The assumption is that braces are primarily about improving appearance, but that's only one of the many benefits of straight teeth. A correctly aligned bite and properly spaced teeth can...
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ and even neck pain or headaches.
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems.
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury.
- Improve oral health; evenly spaced teeth are easier to brush and floss.
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease.
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which in turn, encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile.
When you come to Moline Family Dental for a consultation about braces, your dentist will conduct a comprehensive exam and discuss whether or not braces are right for you, and if so, which kind can best serve your dental needs.
For more information on Braces call Moline Family Dental at 309-517-6789 or make an appointment.
Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces are still the most popular, quickest, and most cost-effective orthodontic treatment available. Traditional metal braces are the metal brackets and wires that most people picture when they hear the word "braces." However, as dentistry has evolved, today’s metal braces are much smaller, flatter, and more comfortable than in the past, with a range of color options for both the brackets and the elastics.
Traditional braces are also more effective at treating extreme overcrowding than other options. They give your orthodontist the control he needs to move the teeth in small increments at a time.Read more about Traditional Metal Braces